Thursday, May 8, 2008

Megan's Run Ends with the Dumbest Move in Survivor History

So, these past four episodes have to be the best run in the history of the show. First, Ozzy gets blindsided. Then, after watching Ozzy hold onto the hidden immunity idol, Jason holds onto it and gets voted out. Then Amanda plays the idol when she would have been voted out. But this one tops them all. Amazing.
Throughout the show, people kept talking about how naive Erik was. I thought they were just talking in terms of experiencing new things. When Amanda got him to take her on the reward and send Parv to exile, I thought, "Wow, Erik really isn't very bright." But the final move took the cake. UNBELIEVABLE! I could not stop laughing. I loved that they showed the votes of all four girls. I loved when Amanda just couldn't think of anything to say. I loved that every jury member saw exactly what was happening as soon as Erik gave up immunity. I love Jeff'w words: "That's what we like to call a life lesson." That was absolutely awesome. I also love that Erik's response afterwards was that those girls really pulled one over on him. His response, of course, should have been, "I am the bigger idiot in the history of Survivor."
That was great.
Sorry, Megan.
That was just stinking great, though. Awesome.

So, girls have pretty much ruled this season. I think it is appropriate that the Final Four is all women. And, as much as I have maligned Parv and Nat, I think these are the deserving four. They all ran circles around the guys. Impressive.

So, we lost one Wood. Eric wins the battle over Megan. I hope there is still harmony in the home.

The Final Four is Andrea Moffat, Eric Wood, Daren Blomquist, and Dan Franklin. Andrea picked first. I picked tenth. Eric picked 16th. Daren picked Parvati dead last, at 18th.

A note: Andrea and I are both in the Final Four the second straight season. More impressive, however, our picks are both in their second Final Four. My girl Cirie finished fourth when she was on Survivor Exile Island. There was a tie and she lost the fire-making contest. Amanda, of course, finished third last season. She did well, but then tanked the Final Tribal Council.

A woman will win Survivor this season. Men have won the last four seasons. It is time.

So, it seems most obvious that Natalie is on the hot seat. However, Amanda is probably the other one in trouble. She is the odds-on favorite if she makes it to the end. If she does not win immunity, Parv and Cirie might be wise to vote her out.
In my opinion, Parv is the only one who is certain to make it to the Final 3. I just don't see any reason why she would be voted out. However, if Natalie wins immunity, Amanda and Parv may stick together and vote of my girl Cirie. Hopefully not.

This has turned out to be one of my favorite seasons. Remember that the finale will be on Sunday night at 8:00pm. I wish we could all watch it together. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

OK. Although I think that was an ridiculous move by Erik I can sort of see it happening. I don't think I would EVER give up immunity, but in Survivor history we have seen a lot of risky moves that ended in victories, and a lot of unrisky moves that ended in defeat. He SHOULD have been wary after seeing the last several votes...that was dumb. But I kept thinking about the dude on Palau who gave up the challenge to restore friendships...maybe that was what Erik was thinking...or not...either way it was a dumb move...I guess I just kind of fell for the dude. But it was all pretty comical.

Alison said...

Oh my, that was a good episode. The last few have been amazingly good. I'm excited to see who wins this thing.

Megan said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That was a painful episode to watch in our household. Right from the start we knew that it was either Erik or Nat going home. Then we thought it was obvious that Nat was going home. Heck, Erik had immunity and he had watched the girls in all their backstabbing trickery. We kept saying, "there's no way he will actually give up immunity." Then he did. Sigh.

It was fun to root for him this season, even though he goes down as making the dumbest move ever. He had some great one liners, a great mane of hair, and some awesome moments. Erik, you made me proud, until you did the dumbest thing of all time.