Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mirranda's Lovable Dopey Goes Home

Well, you can't say that this hasn't been a fun season to watch. Two weeks in a row a player who has a hidden immunity idol is blindsided. Classic. I think all of us enjoyed that. All of us except for Mirranda Meacham, who finishes in 8th place on her first go-round in Survivor Pick 'em.
Jason has to be the most clueless contestant of all time. Poor guy. Just got abused by Natalie in that episode. He finds the REAL idol, but chooses not to play it. I think my favorite part was the reaction by James.

Interesting Happenings
1. So, anonymous Natalie had a coming out party. It turns out that she really likes the B word. She likes to apply it to herself and to guys. She also likes to use over-the-top analogies, such as, "I'm going to floss with his jugular." Hmmm. I think she just spent so much time doing absolutely nothing that she had to break out and go all the way with this play. Now, it was a good play for the team, but maybe a costly play for her. If she is one of the final three, and they are all girls, who is Jason going to hold responsible for his blindside? Clearly Natalie will not get that vote.
2. James is injured. We'll see what happens with that. More importantly, he has retained his Garden of Eden terminology. Calling Parvati an Apple Chewer was great stuff. Constantly talking about how they could all be naked and happy, but Parvati had to eat the apple.
3. I also love that all the fall-out of the Ozzy blindside is falling on Parvati. Cirie has options.
4. The two players who I have consistently said cannot win (Natalie and Parvati) are in good positions. I can't imagine that at least one of them will not be in the Final 3. Hmmm. I guess we'll see just how much I know. And Alexis was barely in that episode. Hmmm. Getting interesting.
5. I have to mention to opening recap when Probst said that Parvati blindsided Ozzy by recruiting Natalie, Alexis, and Cirie. Then they showed a scene of Parvati talking about her decision to turn on Ozzy. That scene, however, was after the conversation with the girls. And it was Cirie who initiated that conversation. Parvati still hadn't made up her mind until later on whether or not she would be in on it. I know I am biased, but those are the facts. I think they just emphasized Parv's role in it so that everyone would know why Amanda and James were so upset with her.

Congrats
1. To the Final 7. Eric, Megan, Kelly, Daren, and Alison are first timers to get this far in the game. Andrea and I return for the second time.
2. Once again, congrats to the Wood family. Erik won immunity in a nail-biter with James. Natalie is still in, and seems to be in a good position.

Status
I want to see at least one more major shift. I am not against it being an all-female final 5, but I want to see one more twist happen.

With 7 contestants left, I will go ahead and name who I see as the three most likely to be voted out.
3. Parvati. She could be in trouble and the Favs could turn on her. Real possibility. James, Erik, Amanda, and Cirie could get her out.
2. Erik. I think he is a bigger immunity threat than James, but we'll see.
1. James. Nothing that anyone else can't see. He seems to be the next natural one to go.

I have to say that I can also see a scenario in which Natalie or Alexis could go next week. Cirie could make a move on them, not wanting to go up against Fans in the finals.

The only two that I think are safe for sure next week are Cirie and Amanda. That certainly could change.

Does it make me a nerd to mention this?
Amanda has now played almost two full seasons of Survivor and she has never received a vote. Wow.

See you next week.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I cannot BELIEVE that James, Eric and Amanda didn't tell Jason to play his immunity idol and get out one of the girls! That seemed so obvious to me. It was like James and Eric had just given up. I don't care for either of them, but the stupid girls talked about their plans right in front of them! They could have changed the game.

Greg and Andrea said...

It is rather amazing Amanda still has not received a vote. I'm hoping she makes a move (and OWNS it!) this next week. Puppy dog eyes and excuses aren't going to win her the million dollars this time either, if she makes it to the end. We'll see if she has it in her. I, too, wondered why they didn't try something this last week to keep Jason around. Strange.

Dave Mac said...

Did anyone pick up on how anytime they would interview Parvati, they either introduced it or concluded it with a shot of a slithering snake? Subtle. ;-)

Dave Mac said...

BTW, what is with all the friggin injuries this season? If both Kelly and I's guys get sidelined and/or removed because of injuries, I am asking for our money back!