Friday, March 14, 2008

Dave Walks off into the Sunset, Greg Finally Goes Home

Well, finally watched the episode this afternoon. There were some nervous moments. When Amy started talking about taking out Cirie, I thought it was over. Even if they had taken out Ozzy, it would have pretty much been over for my gal. Whew. Relief.
Greg, sorry that you are out. That said, I am not sorry that Chet is out. It just would not be right for him to make the merge. Glad he finally just called it quits. He just didn't have it. 'Nuff said.
I have to admit that they had me. I thought they would vote off Ozzy. Tracy was obviously trying to get him to waste the idol.
Man, Tracy is good. I like that gal.
Amy missed her chance (not through any fault of her own).
I thought James was in trouble too. If his tribe loses, he is very vulnerable.
Does Jason really think that he has the immunity idol? Priceless! I hope he ends up playing it.
The real tragedy of this episode was that we lost Dave/Jonathan. As I already mentioned, Jonathan was not only my favorite returning survivor, but also one of my all-time favs. He is the last person who would ever quit. You knew it was over, though, when they said the words, "could be fatal." Ang, can you confirm that he did the right thing? Brutal. I was so, so bummed. The game just won't be the same without him.

Who's Stock is Up
1. Ang. Ozzy's stock is always up these days.
2. Alison. I may be a conspiracy theorist, but they always seems to work in an Alexis interview, even when she does not do much in the episode. Coincidence? Hmmm.
3. Kelly. James may be vulnerable, but you have to give him props. He won that immunity challenge for them. He is awesome.
4. Dan Stump. Eliza seems to be in absolutely no danger. She is in a great position. The tribe switch really helped her. That said, she will never win. Way too annoying. Maybe Cirie will, out of the goodness of her heart, take Eliza to the finals with her.

Whose Stock Went Down
1. Mirranda. Actually, Jason is in no danger at all. At the same time, he has to take a hit for falling for the hidden immunity idol. I can only hope that it will play into things.
2. Curtis. Tracy is awesome, but she is likely to be next. In fact, very likely. If Malakal had voted off Ozzy, they would have NO chance of winning any challenges. As it is, though, they have been getting creamed with him. Losing Chet will help (sorry Greg). We'll see. I hope Tracy can stick around.
That's it.

Top 5 vulnerable people next week:
5. Eliza. Probably not, but if her tribe loses, she could be voted off by the fans as the weakest non-fan.
4. Erik. Again, probably not, but he is a man without much help, and his tribe has been losing.
3. James. As stated, if his tribe loses, the fans could vote him out as their biggest threat.
2. Kathleen. From the preview for next week, it looks like she is cracking up. If her tribe continues their winning ways, though, she'll be fine.
1. Tracy. Her tribe keeps losing, and she seems to be next. Bummer that she lost Chet (although I am SOOOOO glad Chet is gone; no offense).

Isn't it great that when you say "no offense," you can then say whatever you want?
"No offense, but that is the ugliest haircut I've ever seen."
"Oh, none taken. Thanks for noticing."
Odd.

3 comments:

Mirranda said...

As soon as Jonathan chose to leave the show, I said: "Watch, Chet is going to freak out about the 'infection' in his foot too!" So, I crowed with delight when Chet peered anxiously at his own foot when Jeff explained why Jonathan was gone. Then, I just about died laughing when he asked them to vote him off because of it. Medical would tell you if you needed to leave, Chet! Wow.

And Jason - oh, he was so close. He looked at, he was surprised how plain it was, he doubted himself... and then said how great it was to have found it! I only hope Ozzy is forced to play the real one before Jason whips out his.

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

I agree with Mirranda here. Chet and his foot...oh my that was classic. I was laughing my head off when he was like "my health is more important"...whatev!

My second fav part was when Kathy lost it over Jonathan leaving, sobbing, "but we NEED you!" Classic. I just hope that my team keeps winning so that Kathy will be kept around. Go KB!

Megan said...

I wish Jonathan could have stayed in the game. I'm curious what plans he had up his sleeve and wanted to see him finish. Oh well. The possibility of losing a leg or life seems like a good reason to leave the game.

Also, I kind of wanted to see Chet stay in the game. He could hold the record for weakest player ever to make it to the counsel. And then he could have questioned the final two (or three) with things like, "did you think my foot was going to fall off? And why didn't you vote me off when my blister was looking so large and life threatening..."

That said, I think Erik is in big trouble. His team NEEDS to win immunity. Come on Ozzy, pick it up for the team!