Thursday, March 6, 2008

Rich, Don't Say I Didn't Warn You

So, Joel goes home. While I am sort of torn over Chet sticking around (it just doesn't seem right), I think there is great justice about Joel getting voted off. Man, the look on Tracey's face was priceless. Almost as priceless as the look on Joel's when he saw his name for the third time. Totally shocked. It is rare that you hear someone admit that they are genuinely embarassed. Joel was genuinely embarassed about the fact that Chet outlasted him. Wow.
Rich, I tried to warn you about the huge strong guys. It's okay, though. Fun while it lasted.
So, let me hear it. How about my girl! Cirie is a master at making things happen and then fading back in. She has controlled two of the three votes in which she was involved, and yet she has not put herself out there as the one controlling things. She is amazing. Love my pick.
Good Episode
1. Andrea. Amanda got on the same team as Ozzy, which was huge for her. Then she caught a shark. Nice.
2. Me. I have already sung the praises of Cirie. She saw it coming that she needed to swing things before she lost her chance.
3. Dan Stump. Jonathan's injury may give Eliza some room to be something other than the weakest player on her tribe.
4. Mirranda. Jason was in trouble on his tribe, so it is a good thing he got mixed up.
5. Curtis. Great moment for Tracey to see Joel ousted. Also, she didn't slip into a vulnerable position. Cirie helped her out.
Bad Episode
1. Dave. Jonathan's injury may really take him down a level. He may have trouble participating. That is a shame because he is such a great player, and so much fun to watch.
2. Megan. Erik is now in trouble on his new tribe.
3. Daren. Not really. Parvati is fine. The only problem is that James might move on now that she has that HUGE far lip.

As for Chet, he sort of had a good episode, but on principle I refuse to give him any props. He is being carried by people who simply want to use his vote. He is a filler. Sorry, Greg. Although your "gay guy = jury" thing may end up coming true. He will probably be in the final 12. He may even go further. He is such a non-threat that, if he makes the merge, he could stick around. Someone need to vote him off mercifully.

Next week should be fun. Hope Jonathan survives his injury. Hope Malakal can put together a win despite still having Chet. Hope Cirie takes this thing down.

9 comments:

Rich Jr said...

Joel fell to the cancer that is Cirie. She may continue to successfully use her tongue to save herself but this tribe is probably going to lose a member every week till the merge.

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

Sweet justice that Chet was Joel's demise. I love it, though I HATE to see Chet still around. Wasn't it great hoe he blamed Joel for loosing? Dude, if you hadn't been an idiot at the puzzle, Joel might have shut up. But I am glad that Joel is gone since it is all his fault that my first pick Mary was ousted. Cirie...wow, was that ever impressive. I was glad for the switch up, let's go!

Sarah said...

I'm worried about Cirie, Dan... I think people might start seeing her as the orchestrater that she is. She's much more stubborn on this season.

Dave Mac said...

I gotta go with Sarah on this one. Dan, don't act like you didn't hear Cirie's name come up as a possible vote-off between Ozzy and Joel. But yes, it was classic when Joel suddenly realized that he had been fooled, just like his previous two accomplices (Mikey and Mary). I wanted to gag when he was like, "I can't believe they chose Chet over me." That was exactly what Joel had done last week when he chose to vote off Mikey before going after Chet. BTW, I too am ready to see Chet go next week. Oh, and what the heck was the Survivor medics doing by NOT putting Jonathan on antibiotics right after their makeshift latenight surgery (to me, that scene will go down in history as the "most likely to make you puke" in Survivor history). I hope their stupidity doesn't cost me some sweet bragging rights! ;-)

Dan Franklin said...

I know that few people will read my own comment on my own post, but I need to respond to the bad press Cirie is getting. Dave, I konw Cirie's name came up. That is exactly why she made her move. She knew she was in trouble, so she saved her own skin.
Think it over.
Cirie > Joel & Jonathan combined

Mirranda said...

1- Cirie is playing well, though you are clearly a bit biased. I am more amazed by Tracey. Her sole true ally is one of Survivor's weakest players ever - and she is still in the game, making decisions, and manipulating people. Nice pick, to whoever has her!

2 - I'm a bit apprehensive for next week. It looks like Jason falls for Ozzy's fake idol! My poor boy. I hope he doesn't rely on it too heavily.

Alison said...

I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon of the Cirie/Joel/Chet talk because my wonderful pick (Alexis) was once again an angel. Although I'm a little concerned with James being on her team and maybe trying to woo her...but I digress. Anyway, was anyone else grossed out by the footage of Jonathan's leg? I could have done without seeing the majority of it. Especially the part where they were holding it open and squirting stuff in it. Do I really need to see that?

Dan Franklin said...

Yeah, Mirranda. Be very worried. Your not-so-bright Jason is about to fall for Ozzy's stick. I mean, come on! A stick? Please tell me he isn't going to think that a stick is the idol. When has the idol ever looked like anything that you could find naturally in the wild? Poor guy. Wonder if it will come in to play. If it does, it will be classic.

Greg and Andrea said...

I layed into Cirie last week, now I will vault her into my top 5 just for saving Chet yet again. Or should she be in my bottom 5 for doing that?

I originally wanted fairplay to give me the roller coaster ride of emotions, but Chet keeps me interested during the full hour. When a blob of goo is still in it, anything is possible. May his flame burn eternal.