Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Week Off

Unless I am mistaken, there will be no Survivor this week. Again, this is due to March Madness. I, for one, am more than willing to make the sacrifice. Go Bruins! Don't stop my heart like you guys did against A&M.
I thought I would take this opportunity to handicap the rest of this season.

Players who Will Not Win
This is a bold move, but I am willing to go out on a limb.
1. Dan Stump. Sorry, I just don't see a scenario in which people vote for Eliza.
2. Daren Blomquist. Parvati has really done nothing to deserve to win. If she gets to the end with James, he will beat her in a landslide.
3. Eric Wood. Natalie has been more than anonymous this season.
4. Karina Franklin. I would be willing to waver on this much more than the others. I suppose there is some scenario in which Amy could win, but she has not done much so far.
The exception to this is, if three of these four women make up the final three, one of them will have to win.

Players who Can Win
1. Alison Gentry. Alexis is mentally solid and very likable. She has not done any major moves, but she could easily get brought along and then dethrone the power players.
2. Andrea Moffat. Amanda is smart. I just cringe, though, to think of her at another final tribal. She so tanked it last time.
3. Megan Wood. Erik is athletic and could win some challenges. He just has to make it through this next vote, and then get limped in with the Favs.

Players who Deserve to Win
1. Angela Stump. Ozzy is the star of this season so far. With his mad skills, his alliance, and his immunity idol, he will be hard to beat.
2. Mirranda Meacham. Jason is not on Ozzy's level, but he is great in the challenges and a nice enough guy. Not too bright, though.
3. Kelly McAllister. James is so good around camp, and so good in the challenges that he qualifies as a deserving player.
4. Dan Franklin. You knew this was coming, and I dare you to disagree. Cirie has been masterful in positioning herself in this game. I don't know how much longer she can go without being exposed and voted off in a landslide, but I hope she can take it all the way.

Interesting Notes
There are eleven constestants remains. 7 women, 4 men. This gives the women a chance to pull one over on the men. While this is often talked about, this has never happened in any season.
Also, there are 7 Favs and 4 Fans. But when the merge happens, will the Favs reunite, or will new alliances hold firm?

Over/Under
Jason's final position: 9
Erik's final position: 10
Alexis' final position: 4
Amanda's final position: 2
Ozzy's final position: 2
James' final position: 5
Natalie's final position: 6
Eliza's final position: 5
Parvati's final position: 4
Cirie's final position: 4
Amy's final position: 6
Number of individual immunities that Ozzy wins: 5
Number of fans in the final 3: 1
Number of women in the final 3: 2

There's my take. Feel free to give yours.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I would add Ozzy to the list of 'could win's. He has that idol up his sleeve, is in a decent alliance both on his new and old tribe, is well liked (for the most part), he has a little fan buddy, and even when people say negative things about him, they still vote with him. If I'm right about this, it gives Erik a chance to be in the top 4 because I think Ozzy will see the benefit in keeping him around above some of the other favorites. Just hopeful thinking.

Dan Franklin said...

Just to clarify in light of Megan's comment, everyone in the "Deserves to Win" category is also included in the "Could Win" category. I was simply making the point that some of those who "could win" have not done anything yet that makes them especially deserving of the title of Sole Survivor.

Greg and Andrea said...

Cirie for the win. Just so I could officially call you the Survivor godfather. ( I did have a conversation with Andrea about the new/old Cirie. Hope to see some more of last week's version).

Sarah said...

Man, I hate basketball. I look forward to Thursday all week. No Survivor, no Lost, no Office, nothing. I know Dan's position on Lost, so we don't need to rehash that. I'm just feeling whiny.

Megan said...

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I was wondering why your Cirie wasn't in the 'could win'...I thought maybe you were finally coming to your senses, but I guess not :) Just kidding. She is great. I agree with Greg and Andrea and hope to see more of the witty giggly lady from here on!