Thursday, February 21, 2008

Farewell to Ruth King

Well, Yau Man went. Ruth King, who picked 11th, had Yau. From the beginning, he was the only one she wanted. Sorry. Most of all, sorry that it was my girl who was the culprit. This will only further the gap between Ruth and I when it comes to Survivor. She disliked my boy Todd last season, while I road him all the way to victory. Now my girl Cirie is responsible for the ouster of her all-time fav. Sorry.
So, let's give some props to the stars of this episode:
1. James (Kelly McAllister), for getting mad when Erik threw Amanda, and for kicking butt in the reward challenge.
2. Jason (Mirranda Meacham), for actually talking, and then for carrying the Fans to immunity.
3. Jonathan (Dave McAllister), for continuing to be Jonathan and for calling out Cirie's power play and making her a target.
4. Joel (Rich Stafford), for continuing to be the main character on the Fans.
5. Cirie (me), for taking over the game for this episode.

It sounded like Yau Man was scheduled to go to Exile Island next, and that is why Cirie wanted him off. Interesting.
Also, did Amy and Eliza jump ship on Jonathan? Rough times for my favorite.

So, next week looks like a face-off.
We have Sarah vs. Rich (Mikey vs. Joel), and Dan vs. Dave (Cirie vs. Jonathan). My money is on Cirie, and not only because she is my pick. Two people from Jonathan's season are still around, and both seriously dislike him. Meanwhile, Cirie has no one from her previous season. Only Jonathan has an axe to grind with her.
My money is also on Mikey over Joel. I may be wrong, but I think Mikey can sway people against him. That said, I am hoping for Fans to go to tribal, because I think Mikey vs. Joel would be worth seeing.

These tribal councils have been interesting so far!

Congrats to the Final Seventeen. Quite an accomplishment.

5 comments:

Mirranda said...

Yay! Jason talked!

Actually, the highlight of the episode (for me) was when Erik dragged Eliza into the endzone during the challenge and hit her on the head with one of those bag-thingies. Priceless!

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

I have to agree with the Eliza getting bonked thing...I laughed out loud! SO pumped when the favs went to tribal...the crazy lady makes it another week!! Was anyone else confused by the Jonathan-Ozzie talk? Do they have something going on the side? That was just the general impression I got. I still think that Cerie is a bit crazy for taking out Yau so soon. He was not in control of this game.

Dave Mac said...

My highlight: James seeing Amanda get flipped, and then he flipped... the rage in his eyes as he abandoned his position to go tackle Erik. Priceless!

Megan said...

Note to Erik - If Eliza is already on the ground you probably don't need to nail her in the head with a large heavy sack. (But thanks for the entertainment!)
Another note to Erik - James, protecter of the beautiful women, is bigger than you so be careful who you flip over your shoulder.

Great episode. Go fans!

Curtis and Jane said...

Seriously, if you all want my opinion (which by the way is very humble, this is only my second season watching Survivor) Tracy is going all the way...never mind that she is my pick, but they hardly showed her at all this week. My theory: that's great news! She's either not annoying anyone anymore, or Joel and Mikey have become to distracted to care about her. I'm clinging to the fact that Denise hardly showed up at all at the beginning of last season.