Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Most Deserving

The whole Yau Man thing had me thinking. While I was not really rooting for him, who doesn't love Yau? And I have to admit that part of me wanted him to win because he is probably the most deserving player never to win. He finished fourth in Fiji, but he would have cleaned up at Final Tribal Council if he had made it. In my opinion, his problem was not that he trusted Dreams. His problem was that he chose not to pressure Dreams. In Survivor, you always put on pressure. People get annoyed, but they end up doing what you say. Usually.
That said, I think I would officially give Yau Man the title of Most Deserving Player Never to Win. But I will go ahead and give my top five runners up.
5. Colby (Outback, 2nd place). Colby would be higher except for the fact that I think he got beat fair in square by Tina. She played great. Colby, though, also played great strategically, and he dominated physically.
4. Terry/Cirie (Exile Island, 3rd and 4th place). Terry dominated in the challenges and Cirie dominated at the tribals. Terry would have won if he had been able to pull off the final immunity. Cirie would have won if she had not lost that tiebreaker.
3. Lex (Africa, 3rd place). While Ethan may have still beat Lex if they had gone head to head, Lex still ran the game. He controlled it pretty much from the start.
2. Kathy (Marquesas, 3rd place). She got betrayed at the final challenge. She would have swept final tribal EASILY.
1. Rob C. (Amazon, 3rd place). Rob switched alliances again and again throughout his season, and yet still was always in control. . .until the final vote. He was fun to watch.
Honorable mentions: Ozzy (Cook Islands), Rafe (Guatemala), Johnny Fairplay (Pearl Islands), Boston Rob (All-Stars).
Yes, I have watched a lot of Survivor. I think next time I may have to give my list of the most undeserving winners. There are certainly a few.

1 comment:

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

Wow, I must agree (though I never saw Survivor Exile Islane...we were in Germany and it isn't out on DVD). My favs were definitely Kathy and Rob. Lex always provided good laughs with "I'm gonna slit their throat."