Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Picks Are In!!!

Welcome to the special Survivor Pick 'em blog. Here are the picks for Survivor Micronesia.

1. Amanda (Andrea Moffat)
2. Alexis (Alison Gentry)
3. Mikey (Sarah Blomquist)
4. Ozzy (Angela Stump)
5. Erik (Megan Wood)
6. Jason (Mirranda Meacham)
7. Joel (Rich Stafford)
8. Mary (Ami McNay)
9. Amy (Karina Franklin)
10. Cirie (Dan Franklin)
11. Yau Man (Ruth King)
12. Jonathan (Dave McAllister)
13. James (Kelly McAllister)
14. Chet (Greg Moffat)
15. Tracey (Curtis Lillie)
16. Natalie (Eric Wood)
17. Eliza (Dan Stump)
18. Kathleen (Daren Blomquist)


Now, a little commentary on the picks.
There are two groups of people that are very unappealing to me:
1. The big strong guys. Pick the athletic guy, but no the big huge guy. This season, the big sgtrong guys are James and Joel. I actually think that James is a decent pick because he may be underestimated strategically after last season (and with good reason). I wouldn't have touched Joel either, though. We'll see, Rich.
2. The hot chicks. Again, most of the women on the show are not hideous, but on every season there is at least one woman who is just out there and she is all about her appearance. This season there appear to be two: Tracey and Natalie. No wonder they went late. Sorry to Curtis and Eric.


Five Picks I like:
1. Alison Gentry: You swiped my pick! So bummed. I really like Alexis. It made me feel a little better, though, to find out that my sister wanted her also. That meant I wouldn't have got her even if Alison had let her pass. Anyway, I could be wrong, but I love that pick.
2. Sarah Blomquist: Mikey seems like someone who will get along with everyone, and who will naturally take the lead on his tribe.
3. Ami McNay: The Mary pick was a good alternative to Alexis.
4. Karina Franklin: Amy was my top pick before the first episode. She is a strong player in many respects. I love her game.
5. Dave McAllister: I love Jonathan. He is one of my all-time favorites. I wanted to pick him, but I had to let him pass. That said, most of me is still rooting for him. Who knows?


Five Picks I am not crazy about:
1. Ang Stump: Ozzy looks arrogant and as if he has a real sense of entitlement this time. I want the old Ozzy with the crazy hair. I don't know. I just have a bad feeling about him. I think he is going to try to be the Boston Rob of this season (which, if it works, will be good for him).
2. Megan Wood: Come on, picking a guy just because he has the same name as your husband. I could be wrong about Erik, but I just don't see him being as strong as Mikey and Jason.
3. Rich Stafford: I know you have good reasons for picking Joel, and you may be right. I just don't see it, though.
4. Greg Moffat: I don't know if Chet is going to last very long. That said, the pickings were slim by the time you got your pick in. And also, Jonathan was the first name on your list. Still, I might have gone with Eliza.
5. Daren Blomquist: I know you picked last, and neither Parvati nor Kathleen is an appealing pick. And, yes, Kathleen has that immunity idol. Still, she is a nut. Parvati is actually a pretty good player (in my opinion). She may find a way to stick around and get forgotten in the middle. Kathleen is insane. Who know, though? Maybe she will have time to turn it around.


My Pick:
Cirie was not my first choice. I would have picked Alexis or Mikey over her. And maybe Amy. Still, Cirie is the swing vote right now. She seems to be a bit undercover. If she can stick around, she may be able to work her skills later on. It is definitely a roll of the dice. She may be out early. Still, I felt that she had the best chance of going all the way of those remaining when I picked (10th).


Note:
Karina Franklin picked 9th. Ruth King picked 11th. Kelly McAllister picked 13th. Yet all three of them ended up with the person they originally wanted. That's good stuff.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor Daren. He had me pick for him since he was sick during the first episode. I forgot who Kathleen was! Oops.

Rich Jr said...

As you know had I been higher up in the picking order my choice would have been different. That said, I do like Joel. So far he seems like a really nice guy. I like that he is a positive family man. Though physically strong, he also seems to be a likable guy. Well now that I've said it he'll turn up as the big jerk next episode but hay, he wasn't the first to go.

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

I'm glad Mary did not end up being linked to the booby girls...I just think when picking a woman I want someone who is going to play the game without getting involved with a guy (Parvati and Amanda). Before episode 1 I really considered picking Parvati (and am surprised no one picked her), but after seeing her all over James I felt a bit disgusted. I do agree with Sar this episode did not give time to the Fans, and so left you wondering who they were. But I hope they kick some Favorite booty!

Dan Franklin said...

Just to let everyone know, I allowed Daren to switch to Parvati since Sarah picked for him and had forgot what a spaz Kathleen was. So Daren now officially has Parvati.
That said, Kathleen will probably turn it around and Parvati will probably be the next one out.

Dan