Friday, February 29, 2008

Oh No! Not Again, Sarah

For the second season in a row, Sarah Blomquist gets an early exit. Tough break, Sar. Last time you picked Dave. He was great the first episode, and then he became a total spaz. This time you got the hard luck pick. Often there is a good player who gets ousted early, and this time it was Mikey B. On that note, thanks for picking him. If he was still around at #10, I definitely would have picked him up.
Who Had a Good Episode?
5. Kelly McAllister. Not much, but James did solve that puzzle. Good job.
4. Mirranda Meacham. Jason is the Fan's version of Ozzy in the challenges. In other words, he is the poor man's Ozzy. That is not a rip on Jason. Anyone's version of Ozzy is the poor man's Ozzy. It is like a high school basketball team saying, "This is our Lebron." That said, Jason is great in the challenges. He is valuable. This episode was tough for him, though, as he got outvoted at tribal. I liked his final plea, though. "Fans, Survivors, Countrymen, lend me your ears. Vote out Chet. He is the weakest player EVER!!!!" Too bad it didn't work.
3. Rich Stafford. I thought the tribe was stupid to vote out Mikey, but it was a good move for Joel. No reason to keep an enemy around.
2. Curtis Lillie. How 'bout Tracy! She is a player. She swung that vote. She just became one of my favorite fans.
1. Angela Stump. It is not even close when you ask, "Who had the best episode?" Our girl Alexis said it. Ozzy is the best physical competitor EVER on Survivor. Apologies to Terry, Colby, Lex, Boston Rob, and James. Man, Ozzy just carried them in that reward challenge. I was just laughing, watching what he did. And, once he went off to Exile Island, was there any real doubt that he would find the Immunity Idol? Not on my part. Nice. Ozzy is now the frontrunner, at least in my opinion.
Who Had a Rough Episode?
3. Dan Stump. Eliza is on the outs and she is sick. On top of that, she is taking a beating in the challenges. First she gets thrown from the cart in the first episode. Then she gets bonked on the head by Erik. This episode she got pinned by the Fans in the immunity challenge. . .and they yelled at her about it. On the bright side, she did help solve two puzzles. If you saw Eliza on Vanuatu, then you saw the real Eliza come out this episode. When she said, "You know, this isn't really motivating me to do well in the challenge," and her eyes got all big. Classic Eliza.
2. Eric Wood. It is not that anything happened with Natalie in this episode. It is just that nothing has happened with her ever. She is non-existent. Not a good sign for her to go far.
1. Greg Moffat. Greg, it is not that Chet is the weakest player this season. It is that he is the worst player in the history of Survivor. No offense, but he is terrible in the challenges, terrible socially, and he has no strategy. This episode he got saved by Tracy, and I don't even know that he wanted to be saved. If he is not the worst player ever, then he has to be the worst player to survive TWO tribal councils. Man!

So, if you saw the preview for next week, then you know that there will be a tribal mix-up. Rich, Ruth, did I not call it?
This mix-up has potential to most benefit:
1. Curtis (Tracy). Fresh start.
2. Dave (Jonathan). Fresh start, new allies.
3. Mirranda (Jason). He was a bit on the outs, and now he will be solid.
4. Karina (Amy). She has not yet found an alliance. Now she will have a chance.
This mix-up had potential to most hurt:
1. Rich (Joel). He was in such a powerful position in his tribe. Now he could be vulnerable as a big threat.
2. Andrea (Amanda). She may be fine, but she also may not have the protection of Ozzy. If she does, she'll be fine.
3. Ami (Kathleen). She will likely be the weakest on her tribe, unless she is still with Chet.
4. Greg (Chet). When his new tribe first loses, he will be the obvious choice, and Tracy may not be around to save him.

Dan's Hopes for the Mix-up
1. James and Parvati get split up. Enough of that.
2. Jonathan and Cirie are still on the same tribe. It would be great to see them continue to co-exist.
3. Joel and Chet end up on the same tribe. Joel must be forced to live with his decision to keep Chet around.

5 comments:

Curtis and Jane said...

WOOOHOOO! No one believed me last week when I announced the rise of Tracy. But seriously, I can't believe Kathy and Chet are still in...however, if my girl can keep them in another week, she rules! And finally, I just started watching Survivor last year so I don't know most of the Favorites. I just want to say Ozzy is amazing.

Mirranda said...

I have to agree - Tracy's manipulation of Joel was bloody fantastic! I was in awe and applauding her even though it hurt my boy.

Rich Jr said...

I think Joel moved to soon to get rid of Mikey, from the perspective that he could not have known about the new tribe redistribution. However, because of the redistribution it has become the one way he could regain an advantage, if he ends up on the right side of the new tribe. I do think he has an understanding of strategy and is not as easily "played" as you might think, given his sly little smile as he voted. His face communicated a lot.

Greg and Andrea said...

Chet's strategy is working beautifully. Pretend to be the WEAKEST SURVIVOR in the history of the game. Pretend to have no clue what you are doing. Pretend to have no interest in staying. Then kick in that special strategy to save yourself. Oh wait, he did absolutely nothing? At least it made tribal that more sweet for me, since I thought he was gone for sure.

Thanks Tracy, may Chet live to see another day (even if he doesn't want too).

By the way, I enjoyed your rankings, only qualm I have is your ranking of Cirie, and I have to say that I believe it to be skewed by your current status with her. No way in my right mind would I have her up that high.

Out, like Chet's torch next week.

-Greg

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

Dude...my fav part was when the crazy lady was like...I am SO over looking for the idol...well, at least I am still in the game.

I LONG for Chet to take down Joel and look forward to it next week. I'm glad he has to live with his decision...